Read this before going any further!
We are glad that you have decided to apply for a position at The Great Outdoors. We are always looking for energetic, outgoing and talented applicants. However, there are just a few things you should know about our industry:
- We work outdoors, in all kinds of conditions. While no employee is expected to risk their safety, we are often required to work in any or all of the following: rain, snow, extreme cold, extreme heat, sunshine, dirty conditions, dusty areas. In addition, the job is very physical and any or all the following may be required: heavy lifting and carrying (50lbs. plus), continuous standing on hard surfaces, lots of walking.
- The garden center industry is very much driven by the seasons. ALL NEW EMPLOYEES ARE HIRED AS SEASONAL HELP, unless otherwise specified at the time of your hire.
- Because we are in the retail industry, weekends will be required of all new employees.
On the upside, we will provide:
- An environment where you will be treated with respect.
- The tools, on-going education and training to allow you to do a great job.
- Competitive pay and benefits for eligible employees.
If you are still interested in a position at The Great Outdoors, please click the “Accept” button below to continue with an application.Accept